Summer is here and let's not waste another moment! We have a head start in most parts of the country because of our extra warm spring, so kick back and enjoy. The lazy, crazy, days of summer are right now! Here are a few of my own images and some from Pinterest to get you in that summer mood!
Stop! Smell the roses!
Click on the image below and learn how to make your very own radish wreath!
Learn to see the beauty in everyday things.
Summer is about easy entertaining.
I have not tried this, but it is just so gosh darn pretty!
Martini & Rossi Torino Sangria
1 (750 ml.) bottle of Martini & Rossi® Extra Dry vermouth
2 cups (16 oz.) cranberry juice cocktail
½ cup (4 oz.) brandy (optional)
½ cup sugar
2 cups (16 oz.) sparkling water
2 oranges, thinly sliced into wheels
1 lemon, thinly sliced into wheels
1 lime, thinly sliced into wheels
Combine Martini & Rossi Extra Dry vermouth, cranberry juice, brandy and sugar in a large pitcher; stir until sugar is dissolved. Chill until ready to serve.
This is so good! Want more options? Replace the bacon with cooked diced chicken. Add your favorite shredded cheese. Change the pecans to walnuts, sliced almonds or sunflower seeds.
Broccoli Grape Pasta Salad
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 (16-oz.) package farfalle (bow-tie) pasta
- 1 pound fresh broccoli
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 8 cooked bacon slices, crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through.
2. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
3. Meanwhile, cut broccoli florets from stems, and separate florets into small pieces using tip of a paring knife. Peel away tough outer layer of stems, and finely chop stems.
4. Whisk together mayonnaise and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl; add broccoli, hot cooked pasta, and grapes, and stir to coat. Cover and chill 3 hours. Stir bacon and pecans into salad just before serving.
Try a new activity, ride the waves.... maybe not on flying fish, but wouldn't
that be something!
|My Impatiens and Begonia|