I was Tagged a while back and I am finally ready to answer the questions, tag some other bloggers and wait to see what happens. If you aren't familiar with tagging then let's start from the beginning.
The Tag Rules:
1. Thank your tagger.
2. You must post the rules!
3. Answer the questions and then create eleven new questions for those that you've tagged.
4. Tag eleven people and link to them.
5. Let them know you've tagged them.
Thank you Barbara from March House Books for tagging me. It was fun to read your answers as well as those of your other tag-ees. I have posted the rules, so now on to answering Barbara's questions.
1. Do you use a bookmark or will any old bit of paper do?
Answer: I try to always use bookmarks, but I confess occasionally a scrap of paper gets in there.
2. What new books are you most excited to read this year?
Answer: Right now I am excited about reading all of the children's books I have recently acquired. Such as a very early Dr. Seuss - Thidwick the Big-Hearted Moose c. 1948.
3. Favorite season?
Answer: Every season is my favorite at the beginning, and then the next one is my favorite.
4. If money were not an issue, what present would you give yourself?
Answer: I would love a darling cottage home on a small acreage. It would be beautiful on
the inside and out including immaculate gardens. It would have an area for a small orchard and a chicken coop and maybe a donkey. It would have a lovely pond for some ducks and a couple of friendly dogs and of course several cats. You said money was not an issue? Oh and a hired gardener/hand to help with all of it!
5. Do you buy second-hand books, new books or both?
Answer: I usually buy second hand books.
6. Early bird or night owl?
Answer: I am an early bird and get up at 6 AM almost every day.
7. Do you like to read a specific genre? If so, what genre is it?
Answer: Right now I am on a Naturalist kick. These are both personal journals of newspaper columnists from years gone by. One I dearly love is Speak To The Earth by Rachel Peden. The book is described as "A book of rural virtues and a naturalist's philosophy." Published in 1974 it is a compilation of her 30 year column for an Indiana newspaper. Another book I enjoyed is called Passwords for All Seasons by Dick Gray, 1973. Dick Gray was a native Minnesotan who started the Freshwater Biological Research Foundation which is now the Minnesota Fresh Water Society.
8. Who is your favourite literary character of all time?
That is tough, I guess Agatha Christie's, Miss Marple. I like her, she is smart, spunky and nosy!
9. Physical books, E-books or audio books?
Answer: Only physical books.
10. If your life was made into a movie, who would you like to play you?
Answer: Cameran Diaz. She would be the younger, prettier, skinnier and perkier version of me.
11. Cat person or dog person?
Answer: Cat person of course!
Here is the list of bloggers I've tagged in random order:
All The Live Long Day
Beneath the Mulberry Trees
The Honey Haven
Chocolate, Chocolate & More Chocolate
Pine Ridge Treasures
All Things Luci Rae
Lucy Violet Vintage
Tag! You're it! If you choose to except, here are your questions.
1. What is your favorite plant or flower and why?
2. Approximately how many books do you have in your house?
3. Do you like to shop better online or at a physical store?
4. Are you the kind of person that likes to make lists or do you just wing it?
5. If you have a pet, do you let it sleep on your bed?
6. Do you prefer to cook or would you rather order in, or pick up something prepared at the store?
7. Do you have a favorite Holiday?
8. Do you like traditional or modern art and furnishings?
9. Who is your favorite artist or musician?
10. Do you remember what your favorite childhood book was?
11. What was the best piece of advice you ever received?
Thank you to everyone that participates! I hope you are able to visit some of the blogs I have listed above. They are all quite fun! ~~ Diane