A few days ago, Sharon from Sharon's Sunlit Memories, nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award. I am very honored as we just recently discovered each others blogs and have found we have similar interests. It all happened because of paper dolls! As you know, I love cute things and had posted about a wonderful Christmas paper doll play book called Santa's Workshop. A friend of Sharon's referred her to my site to see the post and I in turn visited Sharon's blog. I of course immediately fell in love with her blog!
Sharon's Sunlit Memories is a wonderful trip back through time; to a time when there was true artistry in illustrating children's books and games. Alright, yes I know there are still many wonderful illustrators today, but I still prefer the more traditional style of art found in older works. Sharon shares beautiful images and history about many vintage children's books and their illustrators.
Thank you Sharon for including me in your list of nominees for this wonderful award. Please make sure to visit Sharon's blog, I am sure you will be as delighted as I was to discover it.
I'm copying the the requirements of receiving the award from her blog:
1. To thank the giver and link back to her site.
2. Provide 5 random facts that folks may not know about you.
3. Pass this award on to 5 other lovely blog sites and let them know you're awarding them.
4. Copy the award logo and paste it onto your own site.
Here are my 5 random facts:
1. I am not left handed.
2. My degree is in Home Economics.
3. I, like Sharon, have a Scottish background. My family came from Scotland in the mid 1800's.
4. I worked in the travel industry for many years. You will find this ironic when you read the next
5. I have never left the United States (except virtually), no not even Canada!
I am passing on the award to these swell blogs. These are bloggers I have known for several months and in whose blogs I always find fun and inspiration when ever I visit.
Congratulations to all!
Please visit these lovely blogs and leave a kind note behind.
Have a lovely day! ~~ Diane ~~